1 to 1 Australian Migration

Website Under Construction
Check back soon...

Contact Us

+ 61 3 9394 6325


Entrance C5, Level 1
2 Main Street
Point Cook, Victoria
Australia, 3030

Online Enquiry

* Required fields

The Offshore Partner Visa 309/100 is a packaged two-in-one visa which requires an upfront payment for both the temporary 309 Subclass and the permanent 100 Subclass. 

Married or de facto relationships who have their other half living overseas and who are unable to come onshore can use this visa to bring their loved one into Australia.   The 309 is the temporary provisional stage and the 100 is the permanent visa. You must prove you are in a genuine and continuing relationship at each visa stage to be granted both visas.


309 Temporary Visa  100 Permanent Visa after 2 years


Step 1

Subclass 309 Temporary - Partner Visa (Offshore)

The Subclass 309 Partner Visa is a temporary visa that lets the de facto partner or spouse that is located overseas to join their Australian permanent resident, Australia citizen or eligible New Zealand citizen to live in Australia.  This is a dual/two in one application for the permanent Partner Migrant -Subclass 100 visa.  Requirements of this visa are:

  • Your partner is offshore at time of lodgement.
  • You are in a de facto relationship or married.
  • Your sponsor must fulfill sponsorship requirements.
  • You and your partner need to demonstrate the ‘4 pillars of your relationship’ :
    • Financial Commitment
    • Social Aspects
    • Nature of Household
    • Nature of Commitment
  • You meet the health and character requirements associated with this visa type.
  • You must meet character and health requirements. 

Proving your relationship may become challenging if your partner is offshore. You may not have enough evidence of your life together. In this case you may need to consider getting your partner onshore using the Prospective Marriage Visa – Subclass 300 visa and once you marry them you can then apply for the onshore Partner visa.

Processing times can extend for very long periods, pls see latest visa processing times.  If you are overseas and your partner is in Australia, factoring in processing times for this Offshore visa is important as the waiting time apart can take a toll on your relationship

Step 2

Partner Migrant – Subclass 100 (Permanent) Visa

Once you have united with your partner on a temporary basis in Australia, usually after 2 years the second leg of the Subclass 309 Temporary visa is the Permanent Migrant – Subclass 100 visa.

This visa is a permanent partner visa that allows the de facto or spouse of an Australian citizen, permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen live to in Australia permanently. Paperwork will need to be re-submitted to provide the case officer of evidence you are going strong as a committed couple.  After the grant of this visa your partner obtains permanent status and can stay in Australia indefinitely.

Don’t risk selecting the wrong visa for your circumstances

Contact us and let our Registered Migration Agents create the right strategy for you and your loved one.

Contact Us Book Online