1 to 1 Australian Migration

Website Under Construction
Check back soon...

Contact Us

0406 821 099



Online Enquiry

* Required fields

If you are in loving de facto relationship or married and want to continue to stay in Australia with your person, then he or she needs to be an eligible Australian citizen, permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen to sponsor you.

The onshore Partner Visa 820/801 is a packaged two-in-one visa which requires an upfront payment for both the temporary 820 Subclass and the permanent 801 Subclass.  You must prove you are in a genuine and continuing relationship at each visa stage.

820 Temporary Visa  801 Permanent Visa after 2 years


Step 1

The first step of the process involves applying for the Subclass 820 Partner Visa.

Subclass 820 - Partner Visa (Temporary)

The Subclass 820 Partner Visa is a temporary visa, which requires considerable evidentiary documentation to demonstrate both you and your partner are in a genuine continuing relationship. To be eligible for this visa:

  • You must be in a de facto relationship or be married. 
  • You must be in a relationship that is exclusive, genuine, and continuing. 
  • A de facto relationship should be at least 12 months in duration ( certain exceptions allowed).
  • You and your partner must prove the 4 pillars of your relationship:
    • Financial Commitment
    • Social Aspects
    • Nature of Household
    • Nature of Commitment
    • You must meet character and health requirements. 

To prove your relationship, significant amounts of paperwork need to be provided to demonstrate to the case officer that you are in a genuine, committed and mutually exclusive continuing relationship.  After a minimum of two years of applying  for (processing times are incorporated) and being granted the 820 visa, you are eligible for the permanent 801 visa.

Step 2

8011 Partner Visa (Permanent)

The door to permanency transitioning from the 820 Temporary Partner is via the 801 Permanent Partner Visa.  This visa is a permanent partner visa that allows the de facto or spouse of an Australian citizen, permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen live to in Australia permanently. Paperwork most likely will need to be re-submitted ( unless it is automatically granted) to provide the case officer of evidence you are going strong as a committed couple. After the grant of this visa your partner has permanent status and can stay in Australia indefinitely…or should we say….. happily ever after.

When love has no boundaries…

Let us remove the visa uncertainties surrounding your partner visa application

Contact Us Book Online