1 to 1 Australian Migration

Website Under Construction
Check back soon...

Contact Us

+ 61 3 9394 6325


Entrance C5, Level 1
2 Main Street
Point Cook, Victoria
Australia, 3030

Online Enquiry

* Required fields

The Subclass 491 Skilled Work-Regional (Provisional) Visa is a temporary visa that, when all eligibility requirements are satisfied, paves the way for the Subclass 191 Residence (Skilled Regional) Visa, which offers permanent residency.

Skilled migrants that have eligible relatives or are nominated by a state or territory government agency  in designated regional areas  in Australia can apply for this provisional skilled work regional visa. 

Nominees for the 491 visa:

  • States or Territory Governments or
  • Eligible relatives of the visa applicant.

An eligible relative can be:

    • a parent
    • a child or step-child
    • a brother, sister, adoptive brother, adoptive sister, step-brother or step-sister
    • an aunt, uncle, adoptive aunt, adoptive uncle, step-aunt or step-uncle
    • a nephew, niece, adoptive nephew, adoptive niece, step-nephew or step-niece
    • a grandparent, or
    • a first cousin

Basic Eligibility

  • be nominated to apply by a state or territory government agency or an eligible relative. 
  • have an occupation on a relevant skilled occupation list.
  • have a suitable skills assessment for the occupation.
  • satisfy the points test.
  • you must be under 45 old when invited to apply for the visa.
  • have met health and character tests.

This is a 5-year temporary visa that allows you to work and study in specified parts of Australia and if eligible provides a pathway to permanent residence via the 191 permanent residence Skilled Regional visa.

Permanent Residence (Skilled Regional) Visa – Subclass 191

This visa rewards provisional visa holders (who have lived and worked in designated regional areas of Australia) by providing them with a pathway towards permanency.  Requirements of this visa include:

  • You must hold an eligible visa and complied with the conditions of that visa.
  • You must have lived for at least 3 years in a designated regional area.
  • You must have had a taxable income at or above a specific income threshold for at least 3 years while holding your eligible visa.​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

Once the permanent visa is granted skilled migrants can

  • stay in Australia permanently.
  • work and study anywhere in Australia.
  • enrol in Australia's public health care scheme, Medicare.
  • travel to and from Australia for 5 years.
  • if eligible, apply for Australian Citizenship.

 Are you skilled and willing to move to designated regional areas of Australia?

then Contact Us and allow our Registered Migration Agents to take the guesswork out of these complicated visa processes.

Contact Us